Student Chapter of Distinction Award
The Student Chapter of Distinction Award was established to recognize student chapters that show excellence in finance, business processes, membership, and membership satisfaction.
Past Award Recipients
- Loma Linda
- In addition to this application, please submit a maximum 500 word explanation on how your chapter has promoted the mission of CSHP in the past year.
- The Faculty Student Liaison and CSHP Staff will initial next to each criteria to indicate that at least 80% of the requirements has been met.
- Applications shall be reviewed annually at the January BOD meeting; the CSHP office shall notify chapters gaining recognition status.
- Student Chapters of Distinction will be permitted to use their designation on any chapter-related materials.
- Prepared an annual budget
- Provided quarterly financial reports at board meetings and to general members upon request
- Submitted biannual finance reports to CSHP
- Attended all regional chapter presidents meetings
- Conducted an annual election of officers
- Seated full slate of delegates at House of Delegates
- Participated in the Open Forum at Seminar
- Submitted chapter activity reports at least quarterly to CSHP
- Held at least one membership drive in the academic year to recruit new members and to retain existing members
- Held an annual membership recruitment targeted at graduating students to transition them into New Practitioner members
- Published a quarterly newsletter and/or maintained an updated website
- Conducted a minimum of four (4) general meetings that are open to the general student membership
- Held a minimum of four (4) educational events per year
- Held at least one residency training workshop/speaker series
- Conducted or participated in at least two (2) community service project per semester/quarter
- Held a clinical skills competition within the local student chapter to compete at Seminar (Item not required if school does not have third year student)
- Submits a Student Chapter of Distinction Award application, including a 500 word statement on how the chapter has promoted the mission of CSHP in the past academic year (July 1 – June 30)
Applications should be sent to Megan Blackwell. The annual deadline is November 1.
Student chapters achieving all of the criteria shall be designated “Student Chapter of Distinction” for the current calendar year. CSHP will recognize the student chapter’s accomplishments at a Spring Regional Chapter Presidents’ meeting, through InfoSource and on the CSHP website. CSHP will maintain a perpetual plaque in its office listing Student Chapters of Distinction.
Contact Megan Blackwell, Director of Membership and Marketing via email or call her at 916-447-1033, ext. 103.