The California Society of Health-System Pharmacists (CSHP) and the California Pharmacists Association (CPhA) are pleased to invite you to participate in the 2017 California Pharmacy Legislative Day in Sacramento, to be held on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. The day's events begin at the Sacramento Convention Center, where you will hear presentations and preparation for your afternoon visit at the State Capitol. The day will culminate in a photo op on the Capitol steps.
In addition, attendees will have an appointment with a legislator or their staff to share the important work that pharmacists perform on behalf of their patients. Attendees will receive an in-depth briefing and written resources to prepare for these conversations.
Agenda: (subject to change)
||Registration, Networking, Coffee, & Light Breakfast
* 1 Hour CE Opportunity
||Keynote Speakers, Q&A
||Capitol Preparation, Q&A
||Break for Lunch (not provided)
|1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
||Legislative Appointments & Committee Hearings
- Asm. Jim Wood, Assembly Health Committee Chair
- Asm. Rob Bonta, Assistant Majority Leader
- Sen. Dr. Ed Hernandez, Senate Health Committee Chair
Legislative Day Objectives:
After this program, participants will learn and understand:
- Discuss the unique dynamics shaping policymaking in CA in 2017.
- Review key 2017 California state legislation that will affect the pharmacy profession.
- Discuss how to advocate on behalf of the pharmacy profession with elected officials
in the Legislature.
Gold Level Sponsor
Bronze Level Sponsor
Attendee Registration & Flyer:
Event is over! Join us again next year!