CSHP shall award annually a CSHP Affiliate Chapter Volunteer of the Year. This award shall recognize one individual annually who has made exceptional and sustained contributions to the Society at the affiliate level.
Note: This award has been updated as of February 21, 2019. All submissions for this award after the mentioned date must use the new application and uphold the new criteria. Please refer to the application for more details.
- At least five (5) years of extraordinary volunteer service at the affiliate level of CSHP (not necessarily continuous), and at least two (2) years at the current chapter.
- Volunteer activities have resulted in successful outcomes for the affiliate chapter, including time donated to planning events, mentoring, serving in leadership positions, and/or other services to the affiliate chapter. Individuals currently holding elected CSHP affiliate chapter positions or those employed by the Society are ineligible. Those holding past elected positions are eligible, but past chapter presidents must not have held the position in the last year.
- Actively solicit nominations from Affiliate Chapter Presidents and CSHP Board Liaisons.
- Application to include standard application form, nominee’s CV; chapter’s assessment of nominee’s contributions to the affiliate chapter (in the form of a letter of nomination from the chapter president); a letter of support addressing the Affiliate Chapter Volunteer of the Year criteria from two (2) other members in good standing who support the nomination.
- Each affiliate chapter can only submit a nomination for one (1) of their current members.
- The CSHP Membership Committee shall not write letters of recommendation.
- On an annual basis, each CSHP Affiliate Chapter President or Board Liaison can nominate one member from their chapter for the award.
- Nominations shall be forwarded to CSHP Office by July 1. Office verifies membership status of nominators and forwards copies of application materials in the form of a ballot to the current membership committee prior to their August Conference Call.
- Ballots shall be returned to CSHP office within two (2) weeks. At the end of two (2) weeks and if at least two-thirds of the ballots are received, the Chairperson of CSHP’s Canvassing Committee or his or her designee shall count the ballots. The CEO must validate the count, and the CEO or his/her staff member will notify the Chairperson of the Membership Committee of the results; the Chairperson will call the awardee, and CSHP staff will follow up with a congratulatory letter. A second ballot shall be sent if necessary. Those not selected will be notified via email by the CEO.
- Any expenses to be incurred by the committee require the prior approval of the CSHP President.
- Recipient is featured in InfoSource newsletter and on the CSHP website.
- Certificate presented at Seminar.
- Recipient receives complimentary Seminar registration.
The annual deadline for submissions is July 1.
Contact Chapter Relations Liaison, Dianne Coker via email or call our office at 916-447-1033.
Application Forms & Submittal Portals