Established in 2011, the Advocacy Champion Program (formerly the Grassroots Advocates Recognition Program) was created to recognize CSHP members that show excellence in grassroots advocacy.
Note: This award has been updated as of March 18, 2020. All submissions for this award for the 2020 award year must use the new application and uphold the new criteria. Please refer to the application for more details
- Karen Azama-Kihara, PharmD
- Donna Fitzgerald, CPhT, FCSHP
- Lisa Gunther Lum, PharmD, FCSHP, FASHP
- Anthony Pedalino, PharmD, BCPS
- Steven J. Thompson, PharmD
- Keith Yoshizuka, PharmD, MBA, JD, FCSHP
- Elizabeth Chang, PharmD, BCPS
Click here to view past winners.
To be recognized as an Advocacy Champion, you must complete two or more of the activities listed below. Recognition levels are based on the amount of activities you complete:
- Platinum Level: Completes any of the five actions below.
- Gold Level: Completes any of the four actions below.
- Silver Level: Completes any of the three actions below.
- Bronze Level: Completes any of the two actions below.
Activities Listed Below:
- I attended California Pharmacy Legislative Day.
- I donated $99 or more to the PPC-PAC.
- I wrote support/opposition letters(s) to legislative and/or the California State Board of Pharmacy.
- I hosted an elected official for a site visit in a practicing setting or at an CSHP Affiliate Chapter event.
- I participated in a legislative event hosted at a CSHP affiliate chapter event attended by elected officials.
- I met with my elected official(s) in my home district.
The annual deadline is July 1st reflecting activities completed between July 1 to the following June 30.
CSHP members awarded as a Platinum, Gold, Silver, or Bronze Advocacy Champion will be recognized at Seminar’s Awards Ceremony.
To learn more, contact CSHP at MemberServices@cshp.org or 916-447-1033.
Application & Submission