Call for Speakers
The California Society of Health-System Pharmacists (CSHP) invites proposals for education sessions to be presented at Seminar 2019, October 17-20, 2019 at the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim, CA. Sessions designed for continuing pharmacy education (accredited for CPE) and those designed for students (non-accredited) will use this form to submit proposals. THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT IS APRIL 5, 2019, 12:00am PDT. Seminar 2019 is in mid-October this year, please be sure to plan accordingly for this timeline.
About Seminar 2019
CSHP’s Seminar consistently brings over 2000 health-system pharmacists, pharmacy directors and leaders, university faculty members, pharmacy students/residents and other health care professionals together each year. This is the largest state conference for pharmacy professionals in California. It draws pharmacy professionals from all over the state, as well as, surrounding states and nationwide.
CSHP is seeking educational sessions which fall into these broad categories or other educational categories relevant to pharmacy:
- Critical Care/Emergency Medicine
- Infectious Diseases
- Medication Safety
- New Drugs
- New Tech (e.g. informatics, automation, artificial intelligence)
- Pain Management/Opioid Stewardship
- Practice Management
- Preceptor Development
- Psychiatric Drugs
- Regulatory Issues/Legislation
- Specialty Drugs
- Student Programming
- Technician Programming
- Therapeutic Updates
What Makes a Good Proposal?
A good proposal is
- explained clearly enough to allow an accurate assessment of the proposed session.
Sessions are generally 60 minutes with 1 speaker per session.
- Sessions longer than 60 minutes or with 2 speakers should only be proposed if a strong rationale exists.
- If the session will be a workshop or panel format, exceptions may be proposed for the number of panelists.
Submit only one proposal per session.
Finally, make sure your proposal includes:
- A well-defined session description
- A detailed description of the knowledge or practice gap this session will address (e.g., including new legislation,new guidelines, research or changes in practice);
- ACPE-compliant learning objectives* which are clear and measurable. Generally, plan for 3-5 objectives per hour of CPE.
Note: Descriptions and education gap may be used for marketing purposes should the session be approved.
*See helpful documents below.
- The website form will time out after 45 minutes of inactivity.
- The form does not auto-save as you type, so any partially input data will be lost.
- To save yourself time and frustration, organize your content ahead of time and then input it into the form all at once.
Evaluation of Proposals
- Proposals will be evaluated by the 2019 CPE Committee.
- Notifications of acceptance will be sent no later than Friday, May 18, 2019.
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the CSHP office at 916-447-1033.
Deadline to Submit: April 5th, 2019, 12:00am PDT