Call for Speakers
The California Society of Health-System Pharmacists (CSHP) invites proposals for education sessions to be presented at Seminar 2020, September 24-27, 2020 at the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim, CA. Sessions designed for continuing pharmacy education (accredited for CPE) and those designed for students (non-accredited) will use this form to submit proposals. THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT IS March 1, 2020.. Seminar 2020 is in late-September this year, please be sure to plan accordingly for this timeline.
COVID-19 speakers, deadline to submit is May 1, 2020, 11:59 pm PDT
About Seminar 2020
CSHP’s Seminar consistently brings over 2000 health-system pharmacists, pharmacy directors and leaders, university faculty members, pharmacy students/residents and other health care professionals together each year. This is the largest state conference for pharmacy professionals in California. It draws pharmacy professionals from all over the state, as well as, surrounding states and nationwide.
CSHP is seeking educational sessions which fall into these broad categories or other educational categories relevant to pharmacy:
- Case Management
- Critical Care/Emergency Medicine
- HIV Prevention (Senate Bill 159)
- Infectious Diseases
- Medication Safety
- New Drugs
- New Tech (e.g. informatics, automation, artificial intelligence)
- Pain Management/Opioid Stewardship
- Practice Management
- Preceptor Development
- Psychiatric Drugs
- Regulatory Issues/Legislation
- Specialty Drugs
- Student Programming
- Technician Programming
- Therapeutic Updates
What Makes a Good Proposal?
A good proposal is
- explained clearly enough to allow an accurate assessment of the proposed session.
Sessions are generally 60 minutes with 1 speaker per session.
- Sessions longer than 60 minutes or with 2 speakers should only be proposed if a strong rationale exists.
- If the session will be a workshop or panel format, exceptions may be proposed for the number of panelists.
Submit only one proposal per session.
Finally, make sure your proposal includes:
- A well-defined session description
- A detailed description of the knowledge or practice gap this session will address (e.g., including new legislation,new guidelines, research or changes in practice);
- ACPE-compliant learning objectives* which are clear and measurable. Generally, plan for 3-5 objectives per hour of CPE.
Note: Descriptions and education gap may be used for marketing purposes should the session be approved.
*See helpful documents below.
- The website form will time out after 45 minutes of inactivity.
- The form does not auto-save as you type, so any partially input data will be lost.
- To save yourself time and frustration, organize your content ahead of time and then input it into the form all at once.
Evaluation of Proposals
- Proposals will be evaluated by the 2020 CPE Committee.
Notifications of acceptance will be sent no later than Monday, March 23, 2020.Due to adjustments for working while we “shelter in place” we hope to notify all those who submitted in the beginning of April.
- CSHP is constantly looking for new ways to deliver education to its members, moving forward we would like all individual or co-speakers to develop their sessions in a manner that would also translate well as a webinar.
- Speakers who are selected to present at Seminar may be eligible for complimentary registration.
- Complimentary Registration is not provided for speakers on a panel or for non CE sessions. A panel is defined as 3 or more speakers for a 1 hour CPE session or 4 or more speakers for any other length of time.
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com or call the CSHP office at 916-447-1033.
Deadline to Submit: March 1st, 2020, 11:59pm PDT
COVID-19 Deadline to submit: May 1, 2020, 11:59pm PDT