This award shall recognize one individual annually who has made exceptional and sustained contributions to the Society at the regional and state levels. The Distinguished Service Award recipient does not necessarily have to be a pharmacist (e.g., dean of a pharmacy school, legislator, or public official).
Past Award Recipients
- 2017: Nancy Korman, PharmD
- 2016: Scott Takahashi, PharmD, FCSHP, FASHP
- 2015: Kenneth Horowitz, PharmD, FCHSP
- 2014: Kelli Haase, PharmD, FCSHP*
- 2013: Alan Endo, PharmD, FCSHP
- 2012: Lisa Gunther Lum, PharmD, FASHP, FCSHP
- 2011: Kathleen Hill Besinque, PharmD, MSEd, FASHP, FCSHP
- 2010: William P. Yee, PharmD, FASHP, FCSHP
- 2009: Virginia E. White, PharmD, FCSHP
- 2008: Mirta Millares, PharmD, FCSHP
- 2007: Kent Meilich, PharmD, FCSHP
- 2006: Sam Shimomura, PharmD, FCSHP
- 2005: Joel N. Weber, PharmD, FCSHP
- 2004: Janice Fischer, PharmD
- 2003: Patricia New, PharmD, FCSHP
- 2002: Paul LeSage, RPh
- 2001: Donald Kishi, PharmD, FCSHP
- 2000: Steve Litsey, PharmD, FCSHP
- 1999: Sharon Kotabe, PharmD, FCSHP
- 1998: Michael Cunningham, PharmD, MBA, FCSHP
- 1997: Rosemarie Brown, RPh, MS, FCSHP
- 1996: Lawrence Strom II, PharmD, FCSHP, FASHP*
- 1995: Janet Maiuro, RPh, FCSHP*
- 1994: Carey C. Cotterell, RPh, FCSHP
- 1993: David Adler, PharmD, FCSHP
- 1993: Mary Ann Sullivan, PharmD, FCSHP
- A CSHP member in good standing. CSHP members currently holding an elected CSHP position are ineligible.
Distinguished Service Award candidates have demonstrated five (5) years of extraordinary volunteer service at the state or regional level (not necessarily continuous) that has:
- Contributed to CSHP’s mission and vision; and/or
- Resulted in successful and/or quality programs, projects, or services for CSHP’s members.
The annual deadline is July 1st.
The most recent CSHP Distinguished Service Award recipient shall be provided complimentary registration, round-trip transportation and lodging as arranged by CSHP for a maximum of three nights during Seminar.
Contact Dianne Coker, Chapter Relations Liaison, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 916-447-1033.
Application & Submission