***Hospital experience required - Day and Night shifts available***
This role is a part of the Telepharmacy Shared Services team located at Adventist Health’s headquarters in Roseville, CA.
- Processes, enters, verifies, and distributes medication orders within the institution in a timely manner and in compliance with department and hospital policies, as well as Joint Commission and other regulatory guidelines.
- Actively ensures that medication therapy is efficacious, safe, cost effective, and achieves the best therapeutic outcomes.
- Assures that medication prescribing is optimal with respect to indication, dose, route, frequency, history of allergy, and does not duplicate or negatively interact with other drugs.
- Conducts and manages daily reports on medication utilization based upon daily rounds to identify, catalogue, and subsequently analyze areas in which medication improvement is needed.
- Consistently performs quality assurance procedures in related work areas.
- Participates in all pharmacy-related tasks and programs such as clinical rounds, unit based and/or population-based medication management activities, remote order verification, and all other areas as directed/necessitated.
- Expedites changes needed to meet regulatory, accrediting, licensing, and government agency standards and laws.
- Participates in department cost savings.
- Complies with drug formulary and appropriate documentation.
- Collaborates with appropriate leadership and buyer to purchase, contract, and procure medications and related supplies to ensure that product and vendor selection is based upon the highest medication safety standards.
- Assists in making recommendations on process improvement or development of new pharmacy services.
- Graduate of school of pharmacy: Required
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree: Preferred
Minimum Work Experience
- One-year technical experience: Preferred
- Inpatient clinical pharmacy experience: Preferred
- Completion of accredited PGY1 residency program: Preferred
- Registered Pharmacist licensure in state of practice: CA Licensure Required