DIRECTOR OF PHARMACY
County of San Mateo
San Mateo Medical Center
$72.21 - $90.27 / Hour
The Director of Pharmacy is responsible for overseeing all medication procurement, storage and preparation in San Mateo Medical Center; ensures that the pharmacy provides optimal services; facilitates safe medication use; meets all legal, accreditation and certification requirements; and complies with all applicable policies, procedures, codes and standards of the organization.
The ideal candidate would be an experienced pharmacist with program management experience, including budgets. Additionally, the ideal candidate would be able to:
- Work independently and handle stress appropriately
- Work cooperatively with medical center and pharmacy staff
- Handle frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workload and work schedule
- Set priorities, make critical decisions and respond quickly to emergency requests
- Manage a diverse workforce
- Communicate effectively (orally and in writing)
- Meet the pharmaceutical care needs of the patient populations served by the organization
A typical way to qualify is three years of professional clinical experience in an accredited hospital/clinic, with at least one year of pharmacy supervisory experience. Must have CA pharmacy license.
Final Filing Date: March 19, 2020
To learn more about the position and apply, visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sanmateo/jobs/2723588/director-of-pharmacy-open. Applications are only accepted online. EOE