Toxicology Management Specialist (Pharmacist)
California Poison Control System Fresno/Madera Division
Valley Children’s Hospital, Madera CA
The California Poison Control System provides over the phone information to California health care professionals, and to the general public, regarding the diagnosis, assessment and treatment of poisoning or potential poisoning. Successful applicants will join our state-wide multidisciplinary poison control team, which provides telephone advice and information across a broad spectrum of toxicology topics including poisoning related to drugs, household chemical exposures, substances of abuse, plants, venoms, and environmental chemicals.
Employment is with the UCSF School of Pharmacy. Opportunities exist for research and academic publication. Poison Control Center experience is not required. Extensive on-the-job training will be provided.
- Pharm.D. Degree - CA Licensed Pharmacist in good standing currently or by start of employment
- Adaptable to situations involving a range of callers including the lay public and healthcare professionals
- Willingness to work a variety of shifts (including overnight, weekends, and holidays)
- All final candidates for employment are required to undergo a background check and fingerprinting.
- Post graduate or clinical pharmacy residency or fellowship training
Online at http://ucsfhr.ucsf.edu/careers/, “Search Openings” and then “Use Req Number search” with Job # 51158BR