To Represent and Empower Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians Practicing in Health-Systems to Promote Wellness, Patient Safety and Optimal Use of Medications
Pharmacists are Recognized as Leaders in Wellness, Patient Safety and the Optimal Use of Medications
The specific purposes and objectives of this corporation are:
- To promote rational, patient-oriented medication therapy across the continuum of care.
- To foster the optimal and responsible use of medication-related technologies.
- To promote pharmacists, and technicians as integral members of the healthcare team in order to allow full utilization of their clinical skills and knowledge of the medication use process in each healthcare setting.
- To serve as a primary advocate for advancing professional practice, optimizing patient outcomes, and improving the quality of patient care.
- To promote pharmaceutical services that use sound pharmacoeconomic principles.
- To advocate the pharmacist’s and technician’s value to patients by ensuring that appropriate clinical services and the medication use process are applied to their benefit.
- To promote public health by fostering the optimal and responsible use of medications, including education for proper use and/or controlled use of medications.
- To promote competency in the profession by offering state of the art education and training programs.