The Pharmacist of the Year Award shall be awarded to one member annually who has made significant and sustained contributions to pharmacy practice in California.
Steven Chen, PharmD, FASHP, FCSHP, FNAP (Press Release)
- 2017: Teresa (Teri) Miller, PharmD, FASHP, FCSHP
- 2016: Donald Kaplan, PharmD
- 2015: Steven Gray, PharmD, JD
- 2014: Robert Ignoffo, PharmD, FASHP, FCSHP
- 2013: Diana Hendel, PharmD
- 2012: Peter Ambrose, PharmD, FASHP, FCSHP
- 2011: Terry T. Hashimoto, PharmD
- 2010: Albert Carver, RPh
- 2009: Kent Meilich, PharmD, FCSHP
- 2008: Jay Rho, PharmD, FCSHP, FASHP
- 2007: Rita Shane, PharmD, FCSHP, FASHP
- 2006: Patrick Catania, PhD
- 2005: Frank G. Saya, PharmD, FCSHP, FASHP
- 2004: John K. Siepler, PharmD, BCNSP, FCSHP, FCCP
- 2003: Michael Winter, PharmD, FCSHP
- 2002: Kenneth Schell, PharmD, FCSHP
- 2001: Betty Dong, PharmD, FCSHP
- 2000: C. Douglas Monroe, RPh, FCSHP
- 1999: Raffi Simonian, PharmD, FCSHP
- 1998: Joseph Gee, PharmD, FCSHP, FASHP*
- 1997: Beth Devine, PharmD, BCPS, FCSHP
- 1996: Carey C. Cotterell, RPh, FCSHP
- 1995: Sam Shimomura, PharmD, FCSHP
- 1994: Lawrence Borgsdorf, PharmD, FCSHP*
- 1993: Philip Anderson, PharmD, FCSHP
- 1992: James Gates, PharmD, FCSHP
- 1991: Mary Anne Koda-Kimble, PharmD, FCSHP
- 1990: Max Ray, PharmD
- 1989: Donald T. Kishi, PharmD, FCSHP
- 1988: Byron E. Schweigert, PharmD*
- 1987: David S. Adler, PharmD, FCSHP
- 1986: **
- 1985: Lawrence R. Strom, II, PharmD, FCSHP, FASHP*
- 1984: Janet Maiuro, RPh, FCSHP*
- 1983: Robert LeWinter, RPh
- 1982: Eric T. Herfindal, PharmD, MPH, FCSHP
- 1981: Arthur J. Davis, RPh*
- 1980: Karen E. Zenk, PharmD, FCSHP
- 1979: Glenn Yokoyama, PharmD, FCSHP
- 1978: Peter Solyom, RPh
- 1977: Horace B. Williams, Jr., PhD
- 1976: Eric Owyang, RPh*
- 1975: William Smith, RPh
- 1974: Joseph H. Beckerman, PharmD*
- 1973: Jack S. Heard, RPh*
- 1972: Kenneth S. Reifman, RPh, FCSHP, FASHP
- 1971: Ray Kato, RPh
- 1970: Richard (Ray) Brown, RPh
- 1969: Wendell T. Hill, Jr., RPh*
- 1968: Mary Munson Runge, RPh*
- 1967: Al H. Angelini, RPh
** Beginning in 1987, the date of the award coincided with the year in which the award was given. Prior to 1987, the award had been given for an honoree for the previous year. In 1986, the award was presented to the 1985 Pharmacist of the Year; in 1987, the award was presented to the 1987 Pharmacist of the Year. Therefore, there was no award for a 1986 Pharmacist of the Year.
Pharmacist of the Year candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Shall be a professional role model.
- Shall be or have been a member of CSHP for at least five years.
- Is making or has made significant and sustained contributions to the profession in a contemporary practice setting.
- Has made significant, influential and sustained contributions to pharmacy practice in California.
- Is not currently a member of the Board of Directors, an elected officer or a paid employee of CSHP.
The annual deadline for submissions is July 1st.
The most recent CSHP Pharmacist of the Year recipient shall be provided complimentary registration, round-trip transportation and lodging as arranged by CSHP for a maximum of three nights during Seminar.
Contact Dianne Coker, Chapter Relations Liaison, at email@example.com or call our office at 916-447-1033.